Call for Tutorial Proposals
The tutorial program aims at providing an opportunity to offer in-depth education to research or practice in digital libraries. The tutorials should cover the topic in either a half-day or a full day, to a level that attendees will have sufficient knowledge to follow and further pursue the material beyond the tutorial. Leaders of the tutorial sessions will be expected to take an active role in publicizing and recruiting attendees for their sessions.
Tutorials will be held on November 5th, 2014. Proposals for tutorials must include a title, an outline of the tutorial and its motivation, a short description of the material to be covered, contact information including name, affiliation, email, and mailing address for each presenter, and a one-page CV for each presenter. The entire proposal must be submitted as a single PDF file.
Tutorial proposals should include:
A 1-page extended abstract that includes the following information: the tutorial title; the name, affiliation, and contact details of the instructor(s); a description or topical outline of the tutorial; the duration (half- or full-day); the expected number of participants; the intended audience and its level of experience (introductory, intermediate, or advanced); and the learning objectives. This extended abstract will appear in the conference proceedings.
A full tutorial proposal that is at most 4 pages long and includes:
- A description of the main topics to be covered in the tutorial;
- Targeted audience and aims/objectives;
- If relevant, a description of real-world systems, experiences, and/or case studies to be discussed;
- More information on the instructor, such as awards, Home page URL, teaching experience, and previous tutorial presentations (tutorial title, conference name, location, year);
- Any other information that will assist the Tutorial Co-Chairs and Organizing Committee to adequately review the tutorial proposal.
Submission opening - May 1, 2014
Submission deadline - Aug. 10, 2014 12:00 pm Bangkok (GMT +7) Time
Acceptance notification - Sept. 10, 2014
For more information please visit http://icadl2014.cmu.ac.th or contact the Tutorial Co-Chair.